Pomegranate jam: a tasty and healthy recipe for your children
Pomegranate jam is a healthy and tasty snack for the little ones and is a great way to enjoy this fruit so rich in antioxidant substances beneficial to our body all year round.
To prepare a perfect homemade pomegranate jam without artificial thickeners, you’d need to take ripe pomegranates, green apples, sugar and a lemon. It is important that the pomegranates are ripe, with juicy and tasty arils for a sweet and full taste. Arm yourself, however, with good patience to shell the arils without ruining them and squeeze them with an extractor or a kitchen mixer. In this case, however, the juice obtained must be well filtered.
Alternatively you can use the 100% organic Amigra pomegranate juice, with no added sugars and additives, which will perfectly replace the fruits since it is obtained directly from the pressing of the pomegranates picked at the right point of ripeness.
Ingredients for pomegranate jam
- 1 liter of juice from 2.5 kg of arils or alternatively 1 liter of Amigra juice
- 500 gr of sugar
- 2 green apples
- 1 lemon
- Pour out the pomegranate juice in a large pot with a thick bottom
- Peel the apples and cut them in small pieces or grate them. These fruits offer a natural pectin and replace chemical thickeners
- Grate the lemon peel and collect the juice in a bowl
- Add the grated apples, sugar, juice and lemon zest grated in the pot with the pomegranate juice and mix together.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon from time to time to prevent the jam from sticking to the bottom eliminating the foam that will form with the help of a sieve.
- After an hour of cooking, turn off the heat and let it cool. Pass the pomegranate jam with the immersion blender. Put the pot back on the heat and continue cooking for about 30-40 minutes.
- When the consistency is the right one, neither too liquid nor too thick, you can pour out the jam into the glass jars that you have already sterilized before, close them and turn them upside down for a vacuum seal.
- Once cooled, the jars can be returned to the pantry and you can prepare an excellent snack for your children. Pomegranate jam is also excellent for us adults for breakfast or to serve with cheese.
What are you waiting for? Try it now, you'll be thrilled!