Bilberry: a natural remedy against cystitis
Frequent urination stimulus and burning: these are the two main disorders of the UTI (urinary tract infection), an infection of the bladder walls that mainly affects women especially in summer.
It is estimated that over 50% of women have suffered cystitis at least once in their lives and that 20-30% have had a second episode within 6 months of the first event. Drugs sometimes only manage to treat the symptoms and do not help prevent recurrences. Moreover, the antibiotics that are often prescribed to treat this type of infection can develop resistance as well as causing a further impoverishment of the intestinal flora important in the defense of our body from pathogenic agents.
- How can you cure yourself and prevent these urinary tract infections?
- First of all it is necessary to avoid the so-called risk factors such as:
- Do not drinking enough water (at least 2 liters per day);
- Keeping the costume wet for many hours at the sea or in the pool;
- Wearing over-tight clothing and synthetic panties;
- Do not maintaining proper intimate hygiene with unsuitable detergents;
- Exceeding in vaginal lavages which may be too aggressive;
- Exceeding the consumption of spicy foods, animal fats, chocolate and fries that are irritating to the internal mucosa of the bladder.
All these factors can facilitate the onset of cystitis, especially with hot season.
In addition to paying attention to these triggers, you can use bilberry juice, a natural remedy against cystitis. "The berry juice, in particular the black one, thanks to the high presence of particular substances known as proanthocyanidins, helps prevent the appearance of cystitis", explains Rodolfo Hurle, urologist at the Humanitas hospital. In particular, blackberry juice acts as a natural remedy against cystitis because it prevents Escherichia Coli, the intestinal bacterium most responsible for the infection, from sticking to epithelial cells in the bladder and urinary tract. The proanthocyanidins therefore form a barrier in the bladder, which allows to avoid the onset of infection.
But be careful because the cranberry juice interferes with anticoagulant drugs and according to the urologist Hurle "This means that patients treated with these drugs, even in case of cystitis, should not take or take bilberry juice with caution"
The recommended daily dose is about 150ml of pure juice (obviously organic). With this dose you can get your fill of flavonoids, powerful natural antioxidants, but also of vitamins and minerals useful for the well-being of your body.
We have reached the end of this chapter in which we wanted to emphasize the fantastic natural properties of 100% organic bilberry juice, useful for prevention and to combat the discomfort caused by cystitis. Drink Amigra, the juice from certified European organic farming without added sugar or additives.